A Book A Day
“A Book A Day” reading programme aims to inculcate pre-reading skills and the enjoyment of reading amongst children aged 0-6 years old and encourage parents to read at least one book with their child every day.
The programme consists of:
- Reading journal with recommended reading activities
- Lucky draw
Participants in this reading programme will be entered for a quarterly Lucky Draw and stand a chance to win a collection of children’s books!
Parents can register their children for “A Book A Day” programme at https://go.gov.sg/abookaday or through the NLB Mobile app from 1 January 2020 onwards.
- Children aged 0 to 6 years old can participate.
- Children must have a library membership (individual) with NLB and a myLibrary User ID.
- Parents and guardians must register for their children and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Allocation of Lucky Draw Chances
- A participant will be allocated one lucky draw chance for each month when they borrow at least 30 physical children’s books from public libraries.
- A participant is eligible for a maximum of three lucky draw chances per quarter.
Lucky Draw Qualifying Period
Only a summary of the Terms and Conditions are set out here. For the full Terms and Conditions for the reading programme and the Lucky Draw, please click here.
A Book A Day Reading Journal
||Grab a copy of our reading journal at the public libraries* to help keep track of your child’s reading progress
How to use the reading journal:
1. Record the title(s) that you and your child have read together in the reading journal.
2. Reward your child with a sticker at the end of the week.
3. Reward your child with a coupon after he has collected all the weekly stickers.
4. Try out the recommended activities with your child.
*Except library@chinatown, library@esplanade and library@orchard