Book Bugs Explorers of Stories Past
Terms and Conditions
Bug-a-thon Programme Overview
- The National Library Board (NLB) is organising the Bug-a-thon Programme which aims to inculcate the enjoyment of reading books in Mother Tongue Languages (i.e. Chinese, Malay and Tamil) amongst children.
- Participants in the Bug-a-thon Programme will be entered for up to three rounds of lucky draws.
- Participants can register for the Bug-a-thon Programme at nlb.gov.sg/mylibrary or through the NLB Mobile app from 1 December 2020, 0000 hours to 29 August 2021, 2359 hours.
- Participants must have a library membership (individual) with NLB and NLB’s myLibrary ID. Parents or guardians can obtain information or sign up for library membership and create myLibrary ID for their children at account.nlb.gov.sg.
- NLB employees and their immediate family members (including spouses, children and parents) are not eligible to participate in the lucky draw.
- Participants or their parents or guardians must register for themselves or their children and accept the terms and conditions at nlb.gov.sg/mylibrary or through the NLB Mobile app. Children aged 14 years old and below must have their parent or guardian’s consent before accepting the terms and conditions.
Lucky Draw Qualifying Period and Draw Dates
- The qualifying period will be 7 December 2020, 0000 hours to 29 August 2021, 2359 hours.
Draw 1 28 February 2021 Draw 2 30 May 2021 Draw 3 29 August 2021
Allocation of Lucky Draw Chances
- Lucky draw chances are allocated based on the number of Mother Tongue Language (Chinese, Malay or Tamil) physical books and eBooks that a participant borrows each week during the qualifying period.
- A participant will be allocated one lucky draw chance each week when at least two physical Mother Tongue Language (Chinese, Malay or Tamil) books are borrowed from the NLB’s public libraries. Audio-visual items are excluded from this Programme.
A participant will be allocated one lucky draw chance each week when at least two Mother Tongue Language (Chinese, Malay or Tamil) eBooks are borrowed from NLB’s collection. eBooks refer to eBooks, eMagazines and eAudiobooks borrowed via one of these websites or apps:
- NLB Mobile app;
- overdrive.com or Overdrive app (NLB Collection only);
- libby.com/library/nlb or Libby app by Overdrive (NLB Collection only).
- 100 winners will be drawn per draw, except for Draw 3 which will also include uncollected prizes. Winners will win a Book Bugs Explorer Kit, containing Book Bugs-themed items such as notebooks, water bottles, enamel pins and plushies. Items will be different for each draw.
- Winners of each draw will no longer be eligible for future draws.
- As long as an eligible participant in the Programme is registered at any time within the registration period, the participant can be allocated lucky draw chances based on the participant’s past borrowing record for the qualifying period.
Conduct of Lucky Draw
- There is a total of 300 lucky draw prizes to be won for the Bug-a-thon Programme.
- The lucky draw will be conducted on the three dates shown in section 3. NLB shall not be obliged to entertain any queries or appeals on the lucky draw outcomes.
- If there are disqualifications, NLB may, at its sole discretion, pick another winner.
- 100 winners will be selected in each Draw 1 and Draw 2. Prizes that are not collected in Draw 1 and Draw 2 will be rolled over to Draw 3.
Announcement and Collection of Prizes
- NLB will publish the names and photos of participants who have won lucky draw prizes on its website, social media platforms and at Public Libraries.
All winners must adhere to the collection process outlined below:
- The winners will be contacted by NLB via SMS and email based on the contact information that they have registered with NLB. Winners will have to respond within five working days (i.e. excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) of being notified or be disqualified at the NLB’s sole discretion.
- All prizes have to be claimed within five working days from the response deadline stated above (i.e. ten working days after being notified) or NLB shall have the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the winners concerned. At the end of the final draw, unclaimed prizes may be donated to a charity at NLB’s sole discretion.
- Prizes must be collected by the winners themselves, accompanied by their parent or guardian if they are aged 14 years and below, with proof of email sent to the winners.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items. The NLB reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
- NLB may at its sole discretion vary these terms and conditions, or discontinue the Programme at any time without any notice or liability to any party.
- Participants agree and consent to being contacted by NLB to obtain feedback about the Programme or for publicity purposes.
- The winners or, in the case of children, their parents or guardians agree to photography and filming of the receipt by winners of their prizes and on any other separate occasion (if agreed by the participant and NLB) for publicity purposes. NLB shall have the perpetual right to use, exhibit, present, publish and archive such photographs or videos for any purposes without the payment of any fee.